Updated August 2021
HAPPA are committed to protecting the privacy of its stakeholders. This includes supporters, members, suppliers, customers, and clients. This policy explains how we protect and manage any personal data you share with us and that we hold about you.
Personal data relates to a living individual and includes information to identify that individual including, but not limited to, your first and last name, address (home or other), email address, telephone number, bank details, IP address.
Who are we?
HAPPA, (Horses and Ponies Protection Association) Give a Second Chance to Neglected, Abused and Unwanted Equines. We are a Registered Charity in England & Wales (number 1085211) and registered with the Fundraising Regulator. We are the Data Controller and HAPPA decides how your personal data is processed and for what purpose.
Shores Hey Farm, Blackhouse Lane, Briercliffe, Lancashire, BB10 3QU
Telephone: 01282 455992
Email: [email protected]
What personal Information do we collect?
Personal data relates to any living individual and includes information to identify that individual.
We currently collect and process
- Your name
- Contact address
- Telephone number
- IP address
- Financial information
- Personal opinions (unless anonymised survey)
- Your interactions with HAPPA. This could include your donation history, your responses to our communications, information you’ve shared with us regards equine loan applications, information given to participate in an activity or event including medical information, legacy giving and activities, fundraising activities you’ve taken part in or shown an interested in, information you have shared with us regarding appointments and Café bookings.
How we obtain your personal data and why we have it.
You provide us with your personal data through any of the following:
- Any HAPPA application form in print or digital
- Over the telephone
- When you visit our websites
- Through online subscription to our mailing lists
- With any online purchase
- When you pledge/make a donation
- When you report cruelty or neglect
- Through any correspondence with HAPPA
- Any direct debit/gift aid instructions
- When you enter a competition
- When you sponsor an equine
- When you book for an activity
- When you book a table in The Café
- When you interact through social media or messenger platforms, leaving reviews or other personal data
In some cases HAPPA may collect information about you from third parties, such as references supplied for a Loan Application.
We use your personal information to:
- Deal with your enquiries and requests
- Administer orders
- Facilitate room/arena hire to our clients
- Facilitate birthday parties
- Administer orders from our suppliers
- Perform a contract with you, or within the steps to perform a contract with you
- Fundraise and promote in the interests of the Charity
- Administer Membership or Sponsorship records
- Provide reservation or booking services
- Process gift aid or direct debit applications
- Update individuals of news, events, activities or services running at HAPPA
- Operate the HAPPA/ The Fussy Filly websites
- Process your attendance at clinics/ activities/ events
Under the UK General Data Protection Act 2018 the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected]
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation
- You have a legitimate interest in HAPPA
How we use your personal data
HAPPA complies with its obligations under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), to Data Protection Act 2018. We undertake, at all times, to protect your personal data by keeping it up to date, by storing and destroying it securely, by processing it for the reasons it has been collected and ensuring from loss, misuse or unauthorised access
Sharing your information
HAPPA will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
We use Data Processors who are third parties to provide elements of services for us. We have contracts/ agreements in place with our Data Processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless HAPPA directly request them to do so. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period that HAPPA instruct.
HAPPA will treat your data as strictly confidential and will not share, or sell, your information with any third parties, with the exceptions of; protecting the vital interests of an individual, if we have a duty under a legal obligation to do so, or to process data on our behalf, for example card payments.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at HAPPA, Shores Hey Farm, Off Halifax Road, Briercliffe, Burnley, Lancs, BB10 3QU and on our servers based in the UK and USA.
HAPPA hold your data for no longer than is reasonably necessary in order for us to process it under any of the reasons given. This could be up to and including a time period of five years, or longer if dictated by the processes or procedures of why your personal data is kept by us, or shorter if dictated by the processes or procedures of why your personal data is kept by us. We will then dispose of your information via private and confidential shredding.
Information collected from children
Personal information collected from persons under the age of 13 must be given by a parent or guardian.
We may send you emails with promotional offers, events, updates, news and more from The Fussy Filly if you opt-in to receiving such emails through our online form. If you would like to stop receiving emails from us please follow the ‘Unsubscribe’ instructions at the end of each email or contact us at [email protected]
If a link is followed from any material posted on our social media accounts or websites to that of another provider we cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for any reasonable exercising of your rights. If you make a request we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to make a request please contact HAPPA’s Data Protection Officer at Shores Hey Farm, Off Halifax Road, Briercliffe, Burnley, Lancashire, BB10 3QU/ email [email protected]/ telephone 01282 455992
Changes to this policy
HAPPA and The Fussy Filly may update this Policy from time to time and it can be accessed through our websites or at Shores Hey Farm.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Shores Hey Farm, Off Halifax Road, Briercliffe, Burnley, Lancashire, BB10 3QU/ email [email protected]/ telephone 01282 455992. Please address your complaint for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO Website: https://www.ico.org.uk